Far East, South Korea
Yonsei University Foreign Language Institute
Yonsei University Foreign Language Institute welcomes candidates for a full-time instructor position to teach in FLI¡¯s English Language Program. The FLI has over 40 years¡¯ experience in educating university students, business populations, professors, and the public who are interested in learning English for integrative and/or instrumental purposes. FLI seeks instructors who have noteworthy experience and educational background in the field of EFL/ESL.
Job Title: Full-time English Instructor
Start Date: September 2nd, 2019
1) Minimum requirements: Native speaker of English with a Master¡¯s Degree in English Language Education, Linguistics, or other related field of study and a minimum of 2 years teaching experience as a full/part-time instructor in an ESL/EFL adult program
2) Priority given to candidates who have experience teaching academic writing, thesis/dissertations, research papers and presentation skills to adult learners, understand language acquisition principles and have experience developing and using effective language teaching methods and materials
3) Must be currently residing in Korea with an E-2 or F-2, F-4, F-5 visa.
Key Working Conditions:
1) Teach Yonsei FLI English courses (http://fli.yonsei.ac.kr/) and other required courses.
2) We are currently looking for instructors who have experience teaching academic writing, thesis/dissertations, research papers, and presentation skills.
Location: Yonsei University, Shinchon Campus (New Millennium Hall, Yonsei FLI) http://www.yonsei.ac.kr/en_sc/intro/openmap.jsp
Teaching Hours: 20 hours/week
Base Salary: 2.3 mil ~ 2.4mil ( + 552,000 won monthly housing fee) -starting remuneration
decided upon qualifications and teaching experience
Contract Duration: 1 calendar year (renewable based on performance evaluation)
20 days of vacation (10 days during session + 10 days during session break) per 1 year contract
Overtime Pay: based on program taught
Severance pay upon completion of instructorship at FLI (Please note: Severance will not be issued yearly but upon termination of employment. i.e. if an instructor re-contracts for another year, he or she will receive combined severance when he or she leaves Yonsei FLI.)
Medical Insurance, National Pension, Industrial Accident Compensation Insurance shared by the Foreign Language Institute
Housing Subsidy: Supports 552,000 won for on/off campus housing subsidy (no key-money provided)
1) Resume or CV (need to state all teaching experience in detail)
2) Cover letter (no more than 1 page long) on overall experience and qualification
3) Scanned or photocopied diploma and a copy of transcript
4) Recent photo(must be a recent picture)
5) A copy of passport (photo page)
6) 2 references (Not in need of a reference letter, but will need a contact point)
7) A copy of Alien Registration Card (if applicable)
8) Copies of Teaching Certificate(s) (if applicable) - i.e. Teacher¡¯s certificate,
9) Scanned file of Personal Information Collection and Usage Agreement
Please send the required documents (#1~9) to
Ms. Ina Cho, Head Coordinator of Yonsei University, Foreign Language Institute
IMPORTANT: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
(Two interviews to be held in August / 1st interview: Head Coordinator, 2nd interview: Head Coordinator and Deputy Director of Yonsei FLI / 1 or 2 day training session before start date)