Far East, Cambodia
Conversations with Foreigners
Conversations With Foreigners is a popular non-profit English language school in
Phnom Penh, Cambodia, providing very affordable English classes to Khmer and
local students. It is a social enterprise where international volunteers teach
conversational English in a fun and informal setting.
Profits from student fees fund social projects in water sanitation, organic farming
and eco-tourism in rural Cambodia. They provide a sustainable source of core
activity for Cambodia to become autonomous.
We are actively seeking volunteer English teachers for our upcoming terms
beginning August 7th 2019 and October 30th 2019.
Our volunteer teachers teach up to 4.5 hours per day, Monday to Friday, for 10
weeks. We offer newly qualified TEFL teachers a great opportunity to test the
waters abroad and gain approximately 200 hours of classroom experience over
10 weeks, in a supportive environment. We also offer teaching workshops,
classroom observations, classroom coaching and drop-in support from our
experienced Education Manager, as part of our Professional Development
Program for TEFL teachers.
We also have a dedicated in-country support team, and offer optional
accommodation and meals package, Khmer language lessons, Khmer cooking
classes, and a wide range of organized social activities with our local staff (Khmer
boxing, Khmer Karaoke, etc.).
- This is a voluntary position, but a great way to build experience and confidence
in the classroom.
- Teacher Training incl. weekly teaching workshops, classroom coaching, etc.
- Airport Pickup.
- 10 Day Orientation (with social projects visit!)
- 3-month commitment.
- No 'program fee'. You only have to cover your own expenses. We have secure
accommodation available for only $725 /12 weeks incl. meals!
- 24/7 Living Support, incl. Khmer language lessons, social activities, day trips,
travel arrangements, Khmer cooking lessons, etc.
- You directly contribute to grass roots development projects!
- Excellent opportunity for new TEFL teachers to get experience and test the
waters abroad, while developing their teaching skills.
- Native or near-native level of English
- 18+ years of age
- Submission of Criminal History Clearance
- 12-week commitment
- TEFL / TESOL / CELTA certification is a plus
- Motivation and enthusiasm for the challenge