The successful candidate will be able to provide comprehensive counseling services to all students to increase academic, career and personal/social development which empowers students to understand, research and plan for their own post-secondary outcomes.
Key Result Areas include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct structured, goal-oriented sessions in a systematic response to students experiencing personal, social, behavioral or family to meet the student’s developmental, preventative, and remedial needs.
- Be instrumental in helping guide students in developing and implementing their post-secondary plan.
- Assume active role in developing and implementing proactive systems to support student placement, adjustment and transitions across school programs (i.e. MYP to DP, new students, etc.).
- Development and deliver curricular activities within the realm of personal and social educational classes.
- Conduct student career planning activities.
- Assume active role in standardized testing as need (i.e. PSAT, etc.).
- Develop and enhance parental involvement through workshops, trainings, presentations as related to DP and college application and entrance processes.
- Schedule and coordinate university presentations and visitations for student access.
- Represent Qatar Academy Sidra through university/college networking activities.
- Able to assess and develop effective student goal-oriented academic achievement plans for “at-risk” students.
- Provide professional development activities for staff that align with school mission statement.
- Participate in the annual assessment of the school counseling program utilizing data to support program development to meet student needs.
- Summarize annual data related to student college entrance/acceptance rates.
- Conduct individual and group counseling sessions as needed.
- Conduct post graduation follow ups gathering data of student post-secondary success.