Far East, Hong Kong
Beacon Hill School
Beacon Hill School is now seeking to appoint a Teacher of Expressive Arts (Music, Dance, Drama). (TLR4) Leadership points may be allocated based on leadership experience. The position will be a full-time two years contract, renewable by mutual consent. See ESF Terms and Condition for further details of the package. If you are a motivated, enthusiastic teacher who wants to make a difference to young people’s lives - please apply. We would like to hear from you.
The Teacher of Expressive Arts will be an enthusiastic and exemplary classroom practitioner with a passion for performing arts. They will lead the continued development of this dynamic and valued aspect of the curriculum. There is an opportunity for leadership points for suitable candidates who have leadership background.
Main Accountabilities - Teaching and Learning:
● Work with teachers ensuring the Expressive Arts programme has authentic links across the PYP programme of inquiry.
● Teach music skills across the school. Coordinate and prepare students for concerts/performances within the school and across the Foundation
● Coordinate curriculum documentation
● Support assembly programmes
● Coordinate school choirs and orchestra
● Add value to our talented students across the expressive arts areas
● Represent the school at the ESF Curriculum Group
● Experience in teaching children with individual needs
● Have an optimistic outlook and warm personality
● Be focussed and set high expectations in terms of music and other expressive arts outcomes and deliver on these outcomes.
● Have experience or potential to build upon the school’s image and profile in terms of expressive arts with parents and the wider community.
● Show evidence of leadership and pedagogy in expressive arts
● Can work successfully as part of a team
● Have evidence of the ability to use technology to support and enhance learning
● Have sound knowledge and understanding of assessment and be able to implement and analyse data.
Wider professional roles:
● Plan and engage in professional learning activities that support school and systematic priorities.
● Taking responsibility for own professional development to improve teaching and students’ learning.
● Make an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school.
● Collaborate with staff to cater for and support students with additional learning needs across a phase of whole school.
● Collaborate with the wider ESF community and beyond to enhance learning experiences for students.
Additional responsibilities may include:
● Assist with or manage an aspect of daily school management.
● Assist the Principal and/or Vice Principal with the performance of specific functions.
● Contribute to the school’s extra-curricular program
● Bachelor degree in Education or Bachelor degree in any subjects with PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate in Education) or equivalent
● 2+ years teaching experience within a recognized educational organization is preferred.
● Relevant qualifications, knowledge and experience.
● An understanding of the IB and the key underpinnings of the curriculum framework (PYP) is highly desirable.
Teaching in Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a premier destination for expatriate and local teachers! ESF Teachers enjoy an extremely lucrative salary package and a very high standard of living overall, in an exciting and vibrant world city. The teaching profession is highly respected, student motivation and outcomes are excellent, and all teachers receive considerable support from ESF with settling into Hong Kong, as well as with their professional development. Please feel free to contact us in advance about life in Hong Kong if you feel a conversation on this topic would be helpful.
For enquiries, please contact Brenda Cook at [email protected]
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.