Far East, Hong Kong
Discovery College is a part of the English Schools Foundation. The College opened in 2008 in new, purpose-built campus in Discovery Bay, Hong Kong in August 2008. The College is now a full Years 1-13 (K-12) school with over 1,350 primary and secondary students offering the International Baccalaureate PYP, MYP and Diploma programmes. Our school community is diverse and represents a group of highly motivated staff and students from over 40 home countries.
The College's Vision Statement of Grow. Discover. Dream., recognises the need for students to be independent, critical and creative thinkers, equipped with the skills, attitudes and values to contribute positively in this complex world we live.
Teacher of Music MYP/DP
Discovery College is searching for an exceptional educator to fill the position of Teacher – Music (MYP/DP) in the Secondary School.
The position will be a full-time two years contract starting August 2019, renewable by mutual consent.
• To co-design units and team teach with teachers from all areas
• To access high quality professional leadership development opportunities through ESF and across the Asia-Pacific region
• To participate in the implementation of Positive Psychology as a foundation for wellbeing
Teaching and Assessment
• Planning lessons and sequences of lessons to meet student’s individual learning needs and to ensure student’s progression
• Using a range of appropriate strategies for teaching and learning and classroom management
• Use flexible groupings and structured inquiry to deliver high quality lessons in line with the IBO philosophy
Wider professional roles
• Planning and engaging in professional learning activities that support school and systematic priorities
• Taking responsibility for own professional development and using the outcomes to improve teaching and students’ learning
• Making an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school
Additional responsibilities may include
• Managing a year level or subject area
• Assisting with or managing an aspect of daily school management
• Assisting year level co-ordinators, curriculum co-ordinators, student management co-ordinators, principal and vice principal with the performance of specific functions
• Assisting with or managing a specialist function such as sport, careers, student welfare, excursions or camps co-ordination
Minimum Typical Education
Bachelor Degree in Education, or Bachelor Degree similar with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent in specialist area.
Minimum Typical Experience
• 2 years of post qualification teaching experience.
• An understanding of the IB and the key underpinnings of its curriculum frameworks is essential.
Closing Date: 15 May 2019
For enquiries, please contact Joyce Kwok at +852 39691000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here for more information about the position.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
Start Date: 01-08-2019
Apply By: 15-05-2019