Far East, Hong Kong
Beacon Hill School
Beacon Hill School is now seeking to appoint an excellent classroom teacher with a minimum 2 years experience to work in our inclusive school setting.The position will be a full-time two years contract, renewable by mutual consent. See ESF Terms and Condition for further details of the package. If you are a motivated, enthusiastic teacher who wants to make a difference to young people’s lives - please apply. We would like to hear from you.
Main Accountabilities - Teaching and Learning:
● Planning lessons and sequences of lessons to meet students' individual learning needs and to ensure progression.
● Using a range of appropriate strategies for teaching and learning and classroom management.
● Use flexible groupings and structured inquiry to deliver high quality lessons in line with the IBO and school philosophy.
● Maintaining a well organised and stimulating learning environment.
● Collaborate with SEN staff to cater for and support students with additional learning needs.
● Using technology to effectively enhance learning.
● Using information about prior attainment to set expectations for students.
● Using a range of assessment and reporting methods that show student achievement in relation to learning outcomes.
Wider professional roles:
● Plan and engage in professional learning activities that support school and systemic (ESF) priorities.
● Taking responsibility for own professional development to improve teaching and students’ learning.
● Make an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school.
● Ensuring administration of classroom procedures are completed efficiently.
Additional responsibilities may include:
● Assisting with or managing an aspect of daily school management.
● Assist the Principal and/or Vice Principal with the performance of specific functions.
● Contribute to the school’s extra-curricular program
● Bachelor degree in Education or Bachelor degree in any subjects with PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate in Education) or equivalent.
● Teaching experience within an inclusive teaching environment.
● An understanding of the IB and the key underpinnings of the curriculum framework (PYP) is highly desirable.
● Relevant qualifications, knowledge and experience teaching students with special education learning needs.
Teaching in Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a premier destination for expatriate and local teachers! ESF Teachers enjoy an extremely lucrative salary package and a very high standard of living overall, in an exciting and vibrant world city. The teaching profession is highly respected, student motivation and outcomes are excellent, and all teachers receive considerable support from ESF with settling into Hong Kong, as well as with their professional development. Please feel free to contact us in advance about life in Hong Kong if you feel a conversation on this topic would be helpful.
For enquiries, please contact Brenda Cook at [email protected]
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.