Clearwater Bay School is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced classroom teacher. This position will be a full-time two-year finite contract from August 2019, renewable by mutual consent.
Main Accountabilities Teaching and Learning:
- Plan lessons and sequences of lessons to meet student’s individual learning needs and to ensure student’s progression.
- Use a range of appropriate strategies for teaching, learning and classroom management.
- Use flexible groupings and structured inquiry to deliver high quality lessons in line with the IBO philosophy.
- Maintain a well organised and stimulating learning environment.
- Use learning technologies such as the EWB and the school digital learning environment to enhance learning.
- Use information about prior attainment to set expectations for students.
- Use a range of assessment and reporting methods that show student’s achievement in relation to learning outcomes.
- Provide clear and constructive feedback to students and their parents/caregivers.
Wider professional roles:
- Plan and engage in professional learning activities that support school and systematic priorities.
- Taking responsibility for own professional development and use the outcomes to improve teaching and students’ learning.
- Make an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school.
- Ensure administration of classroom procedures are completed efficiently.
- Collaborate with members of the school community to build a team environment that supports students’ learning.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Lead a year level or subject area.
- Assist with or manage an aspect of daily school management.
- Assist team leaders, curriculum co-ordinators, vice principals and the principal with the performance of specific functions.
- Assist with or manage a specialist function such as sport, careers, student welfare, excursions or camps co-ordination.
- Contribute to the school’s extra-curricular program
- Bachelor degree in Education or Bachelor degree in any subjects with PGCE (Post graduate Certificate in Education) or equivalent
- 2+ years teaching experience within a recognized educational organization is preferred.
Closing Date: 17 Feb 2019
For enquiries, please contact Chris Hamilton at +852 23583221 or email@example.com
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.