Far East, Hong Kong
Beacon Hill School
Beacon Hill School is now seeking to appoint a teacher to work with students with additional learning needs. This person will have mainstream class teaching experience and will have experience and preferably qualifications in the SEN area. This position is not suitable for a beginning teacher. The position will be a full-time two years contract, renewable by mutual consent. See ESF Terms and Condition for further details of the package. If you are a motivated, enthusiastic teacher who wants to make a difference to young people’s lives - please apply. We would like to hear from you.
Main Accountabilities - Teaching and Learning:
● Work closely with the Head of SEN, SEN department and class based-teachers to ensure students with individual needs receive a balanced curriculum through early intervention, bridging programmes and differentiated classroom delivery in an inquiry based environment.
● Assess the learning needs of students requiring special education support, actively support them in class through differentiated teaching/learning and monitor their progress.
● Develop Individual Education Plans for students with special education needs in collaboration with students, teachers and parents.
● Teach modified programmes to meet the specific learning needs of individual students and groups of students.
● Team teach with classroom teachers.
● Play a leading role in ensuring that support for students with individual needs is aligned with the school’s philosophy and the IB PYP.
● Ensure appropriate records are kept on individual students receiving support.
● Work collaboratively as a member of the Special Needs Team to meet the learning needs of students with a moderate level of adjustment.
● Provide guidance and support to mainstream teachers in meeting the learning needs of students with a moderate level of adjustment.
● Work closely with parents and communicate with them on a regular basis.
● Flexibility and excellent communication skills are vital.
Wider professional roles:
● Plan and engage in professional learning activities that support school and systematic priorities.
● Taking responsibility for own professional development to improve teaching and students’ learning.
● Make an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school.
● Collaborate with staff to cater for and support students with additional learning needs across a phase of whole school.
Additional responsibilities may include:
● Assist with or manage an aspect of daily school management.
● Assist the Principal and/or Vice Principal with the performance of specific functions.
● Contribute to the school’s extra-curricular program
● Bachelor degree in Education or Bachelor degree in any subjects with PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate in Education) or equivalent.
● At least 4 years teaching experience within an inclusive teaching environment.
● Relevant qualifications, knowledge and experience teaching students with special education learning needs.
● An understanding of the IB and the key underpinnings of the curriculum framework (PYP) is highly desirable.
Teaching in Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a premier destination for expatriate and local teachers! ESF Teachers enjoy an extremely lucrative salary package and a very high standard of living overall, in an exciting and vibrant world city. The teaching profession is highly respected, student motivation and outcomes are excellent, and all teachers receive considerable support from ESF with settling into Hong Kong, as well as with their professional development. Please feel free to contact us in advance about life in Hong Kong if you feel a conversation on this topic would be helpful.
For enquiries, please contact Brenda Cook at [email protected]
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.