Far East, Hong Kong
Renaissance College opened for students in August 2006 and is providing an all-through education for 2,100 students aged 5 to 18 years. With advanced design and facilities, Renaissance College is testament to ESF’s continuing contribution to the future of quality education in Hong Kong, featuring first-class amenities such as a dedicated sports centre with sports hall and swimming pool, cafeteria, library and performance arts centre; and high-level infrastructure for Information and Communication Technology. We have a fully developed 1:1 Apple laptop programme for over 1100 students and further 500 school owned Apple laptops and desktops. We also have a growing iPad programme.
Upper Primary PYP Classroom Teacher
The school requires a Upper Primary Classroom Teacher for 2019/20 Academic Year. The position will be a full-time two years contract starting August 2019, renewable by mutual consent.
Teachers in the department/team are expected to exemplify excellent professional practice which leads to high standards of teaching and learning within the curriculum. Teachers are also expected to support the pastoral and co-curricular work of the school and be reliable in exercising their daily responsibilities. Working as part of a team under the guidance and direction of the Head of Department/Year level Coordinator, the subject teacher is expected to fulfil the following roles:
• Provide learning opportunities for every student commensurate to her/his needs, abilities and stage of development, by teaching a programme that gives each student the opportunity to experience success, and which challenges all students to achieve their full potential.
• Establish effective and positive relationships with students based on mutual respect, recognition of the individuality of each student and affirming their cultural identity.
• Provide a safe, effective, challenging learning environment and an attractive and welcoming classroom.
• Teaching students, as timetabled, including the setting and marking of work.
• Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of students in accordance with PYP, MYP and DP guidelines and the assessment policy of Renaissance College.
• Co-operating with other staff (whole school) on the preparation and development of courses, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment.
• Maintaining good order and discipline among the students and safeguarding their health and safety.
• Keeping up to date on teaching and international educational developments and sharing enthusiasm and resources with other teachers.
• Regularly referring to the Online Curriculum Centre of the IBO and the ESF CLC sites and interactive meetings.
• Attend professional development programmes, participating in “on campus” courses and attending professional meetings which relate to curricular, administrative or organisational matters as required; scheduled by the Head of Department, Curriculum Coordinators and Senior Management Team.
• Participating in the school system of cover for absent teachers.
• Participating in arrangements for preparing students for internal and external examinations.
• Participating in administrative and organisational tasks related to such duties as are described above.
• Collaborative planning with other teachers within and outside of the Area of Learning Department.
• Performing the pastoral duties and House (Dynasty) system responsibilities of a teacher.
• Taking responsibility for the safety of students through supervision duties.
• Other duties which may reasonably be assigned from time to time by the Principal.
Education: Bachelor Degree in Education, or
Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent
Closing Date: 15 May 2019
For enquiries, please contact Alice Har at +852 35563553 or email@example.com
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
Start Date: 01-08-2019
Apply By: 15-06-2019