Kowloon Junior School is looking for a Expressive Arts Coordinator. The position will be a full-time two years contract starting August 2019, renewable by mutual consent.
The Expressive Arts Coordinator will work to ensure a consistent and cohesive approach to Music, Dance, Drama & Performance across the whole school.
The Expressive Arts Coordinator will further be expected to:
- work closely with the Music Teacher (0.5) and other colleagues to develop an Expressive Arts programme across the school (Y1-Y6) to incorporate Music, Dance, Drama and Performance
- teach music skills across the school
- coordinate and prepare students for concerts/ performances within the school and across the Foundation
- coordinate curriculum documentation
- support the school’s assembly programme
- coordinate the school choirs and orchestra
- add value to our musically talented cohort of students
- coordinate the provision of peripatetic music teaching
- represent the school at ESF Curriculum Group meetings
- work with all teachers to ensure the Expressive Arts programme has authentic links across the PYP programme of Inquiry
- work closely with the PYP Coordinator to promote, enhance and develop the Arts across the school
- line manage and performance manage the 0.5 Music teacher
- be responsible for areas of the KJS School Development Plan related to Expressive Arts
- The prospective candidate for the Expressive Arts Coordinator post must be able to demonstrate the following essential criteria:
- hold qualified primary teacher status
- be student-focused and set high expectations in terms of music and other expressive arts
- have specialist music qualification
- ability to play a range of instruments to a high standard
- ability to build the school image in terms of music and expressive arts with parents and the wider community
- minimum of 3 years teaching experience
- evidence of outstanding leadership of pedagogy and practice in expressive arts
- work collaboratively as part of a dynamic and innovative team
- have the musical expertise and talent to add value to an already highly talented cohort of students
- use technology to support and enhance learning and teaching
- have a sound knowledge and understanding of assessment including the ability to analyse data to support student attainment
- coordinate curriculum documentation in line with PYP standards and practices
- possess a positive and optimistic outlook and warm personality
- evidence a clear understanding of the PYP framework and a transdisciplinary approach to learning
It would also be an advantage to any prospective candidate if they were able to demonstrate some or all of the following desirable criteria:
- currently working as a Music Coordinator/ Expressive Arts Coordinator
- proven track record of developing expressive arts across the primary phase
- evidence of further professional study
- experience within an IB PYP curriculum framework
- experience of teaching across the primary phase
- teaching experience in both home country and overseas
Closing Date: 10 Feb 2019
For enquiries, please contact Astor Gibbons at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.