Quarry Bay School is seeking to appoint a Curriculum Coordinator (TLR2) for the start of the school year in August 2019. The position will be a full-time two years contract, renewable by mutual consent.
As the Curriculum Coordinator (TLR 2) at Quarry Bay School you will:
- Be a leader of learning and teaching at our school.
- Lead and coordinate the innovation, maintenance, review and implementation of the curriculum framework (PYP Coordination).
- Lead our school in further developing, evaluating and adjusting pedagogy, programs and assessment and reporting.
- Assist the leadership and middle leadership team of the school in curriculum and pedagogical matters.
- Work alongside teachers in classrooms to develop practice and enhance learning and teaching.
- Be a valued member of a highly collaborative leadership team.
- Lead Continuous Professional Development.
- Lead the Parents as Partners Program.
You will have responsibility and accountability for leading the delivery of the following key tasks:
Contributing to, participating in and assisting with:
- leadership and management of a whole school approach to curriculum development, implementation, assessment and reporting;
- the coordination, maintenance and review of the school’s curriculum framework;
- the maintenance and monitoring of school based programs;
- the development of a school based vision of curriculum and pedagogy through driving current school priorities ;
- the provision of feedback on the effectiveness of curriculum programs, pedagogy, assessment and reporting;
- the development of school based assessment and reporting frameworks;
- the identification and delivery of professional development needs of the school in relation to curriculum, pedagogy, assessment and reporting; and
- the support of teachers during periods of new and on-going pedagogical endeavours.
Contributing to and assisting with:
- the facilitation of year level planning and associated activities;
- the development of units of inquiry or long/mid/short term planning; and
- enhanced pedagogical delivery in classrooms.
- other key personnel (e.g., single subject specialists, Head of SEN or Learning Support Teacher) to assist teachers in ensuring the learning needs of all students are addressed in planning;
- Principal, Vice Principals, teachers, education assistants and parents on curriculum issues;
- the community and external personnel to enhance curriculum development; and
- IB about matters related to the PYP.
The Curriculum Coordinator is accountable to the school Principal or delegate. The Curriculum Coordinator is a member of the Leadership and Management Team (LMT) of the school. On occasions, the Curriculum Coordinator might be expected to act as Vice Principal/Principal where necessary.
- Bachelor Degree in Education, or
- Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent
- An exemplary teaching background
- Proven experience as a pedagogical leader with a deep understanding of the PYP framework or similar.