North America, Cayman Islands
Cayman Prep & High School
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 970 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities
Cayman Prep and High School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic and experienced candidates to join our high-performing High School team in January 2020 for the following position:
LIBRARIAN – (High School)
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a lifelong love of learning, developing and promoting the Library to ensure that a highly structured and effective resource is provided. The successful candidate should ensure that the work of the Library is consistent with the aims of the school and that it supports and promotes the school’s ethos.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
• Leading a thriving culture of reading within the school and promoting the library as a resource;
• Managing the High School’s Library and information resources ensuring effective and efficient access to printed and electronic information;
• Preparing reading materials for projects and units of enquiry;
• Periodically auditing and monitoring student use to encourage that all students effectively use the library;
• Working with the Principal, managing the Library resource budget, taking responsibility for the selection, acquisition, organisation, promotion and display of books and other resources;
• Selecting, acquiring, organising, promoting and maintaining books and other learning resources to cover the full age and ability range of the students;
• Participating with teaching staff in planning and supporting reader development, and encouraging the reading and enjoyment of literature;
• Assisting with accelerated reader programs;
• Managing learning materials for effective retrieval and use, including the systematic indexing, classification and cataloguing of all Library resources and dissemination of information relating to those resources to staff and students as appropriate;
• Supporting the maintenance of up-to-date records and organising other school reading resources;
• May be required to offer supply teaching and supervise educational trips and visits;
• Fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
• Professional Librarian training and / or qualifications or an international recognised teaching qualification (PGCE, BEd. or H.Dip.Ed) in a relevant subject;
• In-depth knowledge, understanding and experience of library and information skills;
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in a High School library;
• Current knowledge and understanding of literature and resources to support Key Stage 3, 4 (GCSE) and 5 (A Level) students and the English National Curriculum (2014);
• Awareness of child development and the role of reading in the educational development of the child;
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to adapt to a range of very different audiences;
• Ability to work independently, multi-task, manage multiple priorities, set and meet appropriate targets,
and is solution driven, a positive / literature ambassador;
• Ability to use a Library Management Information Systems and other ICT software, such as Microsoft
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SIMS.
Salary range for the above positions: CI$41,000 – CI$57,000 per annum commensurate with experience.
Other benefits include medical insurance and contribution to a pension plan.
Deadline for receipt of applications: Monday, January 20th, 2020