South East Asia, Brunei
About the role
EXCITING OPPORTUNITY TO TEACH IN TROPICAL BRUNEI
CfBT Education Services (part of Education Development Trust) are looking for Primary English teachers to work in government schools in Brunei Darussalam commencing January 2020. CfBT have been working with the Brunei Darussalam government for over 30 years in support of the bilingual education policy. There are over 80 Primary and 120 Secondary teachers on this programme with a very high contract renewal rate.
Brunei Darussalam is a small, peaceful country on the island of Borneo in South East Asia. It is surrounded by pristine tropical jungle and beaches with temperatures around 27 - 30 degrees all year.
If you are interested in finding out more please look at our Brunei site www.cfbt.org as well as some videos of the work we do in school and the life of teachers at www.cfbtvideos.org.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package for this role:
- A competitive tax free salary BND42,000 - 72,000 (£24k - £40K)
- Contract Completion Bonus of 1/6th of salary
- Low cost of living
- Generously-sized living accommodation
- Heavily subsidised support for dependants' schooling at an international school
- Genuine opportunities for continued professional development
To be eligible you must:
1) Hold a degree from a university in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa
2) Hold Qualified Teacher Status/teacher accreditation (PGCE, Bed, DipT etc.) A TEFL cert with degree is not sufficient
3) Have a minimum 3 years relevant classroom teaching experience post qualification with experience of teaching early years or Key stage 1
4) Be under 55 years old at the time of arrival in Brunei Darussalam
About the organisation
CfBT Education Services has been working with the Ministry of Education in Brunei for over 30 years. Our focus is to raise the proficiency and attainment levels of Bruneian students through high impact teaching and learning in classrooms, specialized national support and intervention programmes, and the continuous building of our own and local capacity across primary and secondary schools and sixth form colleges.
Our principal sponsor is Education Development Trust, a UK education charity that works with governments, schools and other partners across the globe to provide excellent education for all
Start Date: 01-01-2020
Apply By: 15-07-2019